There is nothing more satisfying than waking up in the morning and having a cup of coffee. It comforts you to start the day and keep your energy up throughout the day. However, having poorly brewed coffee can ruin the whole of your day.
If you want to have a high-quality coffee, you need to choose the right coffee maker. Proctor-Silex is among the best coffee makers you can use. It has everything you will need to prepare the best coffee. However, to make a high-quality coffee with a Proctor Silex coffee maker will require you to know how to use it.
Before you start using your coffee maker, it is essential first you know about it. Having a better understanding of the Proctor Silex coffee maker features will help you have an easy time using it. The Proctor Silex coffee maker has an in-built programmable clock.
The programmable clock allows you to set up a time for the coffee maker to prepare your coffee the night before. Therefore you will have your coffee ready by the time you wake up. Moreover, with the Proctor Silex coffee maker, you do not have to prepare coffee several times. The coffee maker will help you make up to twelve cups of coffee at once.
How To Use The Proctor Silex Coffee Maker
Using the Proctor Silex coffee maker is not a complex task. Ensure that you first clean it before use. After cleaning it, you will ready the brew basket by placing it correctly and then adding filters. You will then fill the brew with coffee and add water. Once you have done that, turn on the coffee maker and start the brewing.
Knowing Your Proctor Silex Coffee Maker
Before you start knowing how to use something, you should first know about that thing. The same applies to Proctor Silex coffee makers. You should ensure you know about the Proctor Silex coffee maker to make it easy for you to use it.
Proctor Silex coffee maker has the auto pause and serve feature that is essential for users. The feature allows users to pour a cup of coffee before the end of the brewing cycle. Removing the carafe will make the brewing cycle temporarily stops.
The cycle the continuous once you place the carafe back again. You should remember that the brew basket might overflow if you remove the carafe for more than twenty seconds. Therefore ensure you keenly observe that.
The coffee maker also has a feature of brew strength selector that helps users control their coffee flavor. You will find the brew strength selector knob on the top of the coffee maker. You will use the knob to select your flavor from mild to your desired strong taste.
Unlike the other coffee makers, Proctor-Silex has a permanent filter instead of disposable paper filters. Moreover, it also has an automatic shut-off feature. After two hours of brewing, the feature will shut off the keep-hot plate.
Cleaning The Proctor Silex Coffee Maker
Before you start using the coffee maker, it is essential that you first clean it. If you do not clean it, you will notice that the carafe’s water will get discolored. Moreover, your coffee will start having a funny smell that is unusual. The following are ways you can follow in cleaning your Proctor Silex coffee maker before use.
- The first thing you will do is to place the carafe on the keep hot plate. Ensure that you have closed the lid.
- The next thing to do is to fill the reservoir with one-fourth of distilled white vinegar. In the remaining part of the reservoir, you will fill it with water.
- Once you have your vinegar and water inside the reservoir, you will turn on your coffee maker.
- After thirty seconds, turn off the machine and allow the vinegar to sit on the coffee maker for around thirty minutes.
- After the thirty minutes elapses, turn the coffee maker back on to complete one brew cycle. Ensure that you turn it off once the cycle is complete.
- You will then empty the carafe with vinegar and clean it thoroughly. To eradicate the vinegar stench and residues, you can run two brew cycles with pure water inside the carafe.
- Once the two brew cycles are complete, you can dry your carafe and clean the brew basket afterward.
How To Use The Proctor Silex Coffee Maker
Now that you know the features of the Proctor Silex coffee maker, it will be easy for you to understand how to use it. However, first, ensure you follow the above cleaning steps before you start using your coffee maker. The following are the procedures to help you know how to use the Proctor-Silex coffee maker.
Prepare The Brew Basket
The first thing you will do is to read the brew basket. You should ensure you place the brew basket into its well. Moreover, ensure that the thumb handle is pointing towards the opening on the machine’s left side. Once the brew basket is in place, put a filter into the brew basket.
The next thing that will follow is adding your favorite coffee into the brew basket. The amount of coffee you will put in will depend on how many cups you want. Use the brew strength selector to determine how mild or strong you like your coffee flavor to be.
The last thing that you will add is water. You will pour water into the glass coffee jug and then pour it into the machine’s reservoir. Ensure that you are keen when pouring the water to ensure you do not spill it. It can be dangerous, especially if the power source is near.
Start The Proctor Silex Coffee Maker
The final step is placing the glass coffee jug onto the hot plate and turn on the coffee maker. Before turning the coffee maker on, ensure that you close the carafe’s lid. When you turn the machine on, a light will turn on as proof that the coffee maker is on. Now you will wait until the brew is ready. Once the brew is ready, ensure you turn the machine off and unplug it from its power source.
Tips For Using Proctor-Silex Coffee Maker
Here are some of the tips you can apply when using the Proctor-Silex coffee maker.
- If you want the best results, ensure that you use the best filter for your coffee.
- Ensure that you place the filter basket securely.
- Before starting the brewing process, ensure that you adequately attach the carafe’s lid and keep it level on the keep-hot plate.
- When using the auto pause and serve feature, ensure that you do not remove the carafe for more than twenty seconds.
- You should also ensure where you place your Proctor Silex coffee maker is not wet. Placing your coffee maker on a wet floor will attract molds, yeasts, and bacteria.
Setting Up The Digital Clock Of The Proctor Silex Coffee Maker
The digital clock on the Proctor Silex coffee maker will make the brew ready by the time you wake up in the morning. You can prepare the remedy at night and find it prepared in the morning. Here is how you can set the digital clock on the Proctor Silex coffee maker.
- You will start by filling your coffee maker with the required coffee and water. You will then place the glass coffee jug on the hot plate and close the lid.
- Press “H” or “M” on your coffee machine to set the hours or minutes, respectively.
- Once the time is set, press the “auto” button, and you will see a green light indicating that the time is set.
You do not have to worry if you make some errors while setting the time. When you press the “auto” button again, you will cancel the automatic brewing process and start again.
Is It Worth Buying A Proctor Silex Coffee Maker?
Yes, it is. One advantage of having Proctor Silex is that it is durable and easy to clean. You can be sure that proctor Silex will serve you for a long time. Moreover, it is not hectic to clean since the components are dishwasher safe.
How Do You Set And Use The Automatic Brew In Proctor Silex Coffee Maker?
The first thing to do is ensuring the clock is set for the correct time. You will then fill the coffee maker with the desired water and coffee. Hold the PROG button and press H and M until you have the expected brewing time. Once you have your expected brewing time, release the PROG button to display your set time. Press the AUTO button to brew your coffee at your desired time automatically.
Proctor Silex coffee maker is the best coffee maker you can use if you know how to use it. You have seen that using the coffee maker is simple. Before you start using the machine, you should first ensure that you clean your coffee maker to provide high-quality coffee. You can also set the digital clock on your coffee maker to automatically brew your coffee at your desired time.